4Culture, working in partnership with King County Parks, is seeking an artist or artist team that can make the experience of navigating the 250 ft. long Wayne Tunnel on the Burke-Gilman Trail (BGT) in Bothell, Washington more enjoyable for the over 2 million people that travel through it each year.
Surface treatment, such as a mural and/or elements of shallow sculptural relief, is desired to activate the concrete walls, ceiling and approaches of the tunnel. All-over pattern or imagery is not expected or required. Emerging artists and artists interested in working with the public are encouraged to apply.
Open to emerging and established professional artists residing in WA and OR.
Arts-A-Glow Lantern Festival and Procession
Dottie Harper Park, Burien, WA
Event date: September 7, 2013, 5:00-10:00pm
Artists are invited to submit proposals to provide new or existing temporary illuminated artworks as part of the Arts-A-Glow Lantern Festival in Burien, Washington. The festival is sponsored by the City of Burien.
- Artists are encouraged to visit Dottie Harper Park (4th and 146th SW; Burien) http://www.burienwa.gov/index.aspx?NID=401 prior to preparing their proposal.
- The artworks must be waterproof.
- Artwork must have no lasting physical impact on the park – leaving “no trace.”
- Artwork must be family friendly.
- We are open to illuminated two- or three- dimensional, multi-media and/or performance works.
ARTIST FEES & RECOGNITION
- Artist’s proposals will be selected from the pool of applicants.
- Please include a budget narrative with your proposal justifying your requested amount. Awards will be between $100-$1,000.
- Artists’ names will be listed on promotional/outreach materials.
Deadline for Submissions: 4:00pm, June 28th, 2013
Applications must be submitted electronically, no later than 4pm on June 28th to firstname.lastname@example.org
More details can be found HERE.